This written guide is meant to accompany the video guide. Make sure to watch the video first, then use this guide to help you with your crafting.
- Prepare! Start collecting mats. Don't refine anything yet! Refinement helps you level, so keep your mats in their unrefined states for now.
- Level to 400 using the gw2crafts.net guides. You can use the normal or the fast guides. Normal will save you a bit of gold, but it can also take a lot more time. (More clicking.) It's not a huge difference in gold for most crafts most of the time, but you should evaluate the difference in order to decide whether it's worth it to you. Remember: DO NOT REFINE ANY MORE MATS THAN YOU NEED TO BECAUSE...
- 400 - 422/423/424ish: refine mats. I usually go until about 423, it starts to take way too long after that. You should be refining T6 base mats: orichalcum, gossamer, ancient wood, etc.
- 422/423/424ish - 450: craft exotics. You need to make lots and lots of exotics. You can use the gw2crafts guides to find ways to save money. My suggestion: get inscriptions/insignias by salvaging dungeon weapons and armor and craft new exotics with those. Sell the exotics you craft. Watch the video for details.
- 450 - 472/473/474ish: refine ascended mats. "Obsidian refinement" - making Bloodstone Bricks, Empyreal Stars, Dragonite Ingots - those will form a large majority of your crafting experience here. Also do daily "ectoplasm refinement" - mithrillium, silk thread, etc - to help raise you closer. You'll need those later.
- 472/473/474ish - 500: more exotics. Usually 12 or 13. This part is always really rough.